Old paint from shed put to use!
1500 x 1200mm
This was a 'throwaway'. Spare Frame; spare emulsion in my shed and spare time in between projects. It all came together in just over a day - I canvassed the frame and primed it in the morning then went and poured out the various emulsions I'd acquired from years of bold decorating (my entire house is now a whiter shade of grey - think its an age thing)
After lunch I set it up in front of the mirror (it’s a 5ft canvas) and in an entirely 'couldn't care less' way set about throwing on the colours I was seeing with house-paint brushes.
It was ok but lacking somehow. I came in the following morning and put the canvas on the floor and proceeded to pour from the tins the remainder of the paint onto the canvas. Jo Brown rushed over and told me to stop before I made a mess of it. So I did.
Turned out ok in a flukey but artless kinda way - if only all such experimentation was so fruitful
Ah - ha